This is CommerceGate
CommerceGate is a proprietary global online payment company that offers an end-to-end payments solution to Merchants.
Solutions & Services provided:
- Payment Technologies:
- Payment Gateway platform, supporting Card Payments globally and Alternative/Local Payment Methods
- Billing system, i.e Reconciliation, Reporting and Invoicing solutions
- Online Payments processing solutions globally, with a strong focus on the EU and LatAm markets
- AntiFraud and payment Risk Management services
- Consumer/Cardholder customer services
- E-Money services, including SEPA Payment Accounts, Prepaid Card Issuing program and FX services are under development
CommerceGates’ offering is focused on the provision of E-commerce and Mobile Payment solutions to merchants in all sectors and supports a variety of geographics and payment schemes.
The company’s multinational team consists of almost 50 fintech professionals distributed among 5 countries (Spain, Ukraine, the UK, Portugal, and Brazil).
Our candidate is a strong and hands-on technical expert, positive and open-minded person, eager to learn and improve, with a strong background in payments and/or close financial services, who are confident to manage multicultural and/or remote team, constantly pushing to achieve excellence in a product and efficiency in processes, with proven track of experience on the position of Tech.(Team) Lead and/or CTO in a mid-size FinTech/Banking company.
Best fit for our position we see in someone who was in the position of CTO / Head of Software Engineering / Tech.Lead / Solution Architect / Lead Developer (3+ years in this position and ready for promotion to one of the roles mentioned above) in the product like Payment Processing platform and/or Payment Gateway, Digital Bank and/or Digital wallet offering payment accounts and/or other payment instruments, Online Banking platform(s) or similar products.
As a Technical Leader at CommerceGate, you will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and maintenance. You will understand the unique needs of merchants and provide them with payment expertise and guidance to help them grow. You will be end-to-end responsible for the complete technical solution designing, development and support, from the very beginning and beyond, where the main stages are:
- Requirements elicitation
- Solution Architecture and Application(s) Design
- Development and testing
- Maintenance, On-Going improvement & Support
Who You Are
- Being professional and able to effectively engage others, work collaboratively, and develop strong technical solutions at all levels of SDLC;
- Excited to prioritize and manage multiple projects and/or processes across different services, collaborating with other teams to achieve results;
- Detail-oriented and organized, working process efficiency and accuracy are of priority;
- Strong analytical and technical skills and result-oriented approach;
- You understand you’ll be working with confidential information and will act according to the code of conduct;
- Strong and proven track record at problem-solving, process improvements and willingness to take on relevant tasks that require help;
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of working experience on *relevant positions in **FinTech projects (3+ years of FinTech experience, with having a solid understanding of online/electronic payment processing flow, business model(s) and technologies).
*CTO, Head of SW Development, Tech. Lead, Solution Architect
**Payment Processing platform, Payment Gateway, Digital/Online Banking product, Digital Wallet and/or systems closely related to payments processing and/or banking payments.
- 3+ years of experience in the management of technical teams;
- Strong experience in the development and improvement(s) of software solution architecture
- Practical experience with management and support of applications (solutions) under high load 24/7
- Ability to develop and justify efficient technical solution(s), and translate them to particular tasks for the technical team, to meet the business request(s)
- Ability to maintain direct communications with business domain stakeholders and/or external technical teams;
- Fluent languages skills in the next languages:
- Fluent EN language skills are mandatory
- ES/RU/UA/PT (at least one of them should be native/fluent, NOT necessary to have all of them)
- Strong expertise in Software Development (where 10 points is the excellent level of expertise):
- Programming Lang’s :
- Front-end frameworks: React
- CI/CD (GitLab)
- Microservices (event-driven) architecture
- AWS services (such as EC2, ALB/ELB, S3 etc)
- Linux Fundamentals and Scripting Skills.
- Understand infrastructure and configurations, CI/CD pipelines, app performance monitoring and more
- Experience in recruiting and/or management of remote and/or multicultural teams
- Working experience with the front-end framework “Ember”
- EU residence & Work Permit;
- This role is a full-time position based out of our Barcelona office;
What You’ll Do
You will be ultimately responsible for:
- Solution and Technical architecture and efficiency of the software development process in respect of the managed business product and/or part of it
- Troubleshooting of the complaints and inputs regarding system deficiency
- Development efficiency and leadership of the multicultural and/or remote team(s)
- Communication with business stakeholders and/or external technical teams
- Management of the technical success of the product and/or part of it
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future business needs
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Constantly optimise, control and ensure platform performance and scalability
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- To manage the product’s technical direction, you need to have a deep understanding of software architecture. Software architecture is the organization of information systems within the software, the external properties of the hardware, and their relationship to each other. You will use your knowledge of architecture to oversee the construction of the software and provide technical direction to the team.
- Coding: Using different programming languages and understanding best practices for coding. You will contribute to the coding of the project and review the work of other team members to ensure it adheres to the technical direction they’ve established for the team.
- Actively contribute to the development and set up monitoring and improving procedures related to technical uptime and performance;
- Convenient location in central Barcelona;
- International multilingual team;
- Annual holiday allowance of 25 days;
- Free gym membership;
- CG Triathlon Сlub with a personal coach;
- Comprehensive private health insurance.
Who We Are
CommerceGate is the payment service provider, delivering a proprietary end-to-end infrastructure connecting merchants to multiple acquiring partners. CommerceGate delivers payments across multiple online sectors and business verticals.
Ready to meet us?
If you are enthusiastic about this role, apply. We are eager to meet you!
Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CommerceGate is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, colour, race, genealogy, nationality, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to our guidelines.