Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
This is CommerceGate
CommerceGate is a proprietary global online payment company that offers an end-to-end payments solution to Merchants.
Solutions & Services provided:
- Payment Technologies:
- Payment Gateway platform, supporting Card Payments globally and Alternative/Local Payment Methods
- Billing system, i.e Reconciliation, Reporting and Invoicing solutions
- Online Payments processing solutions globally, with a strong focus on the EU and LatAm markets
- AntiFraud and payment Risk Management services
- Consumer/Cardholder customer services
- E-Money services, including SEPA Payment Accounts, Prepaid Card Issuing program and FX services are under development
CommerceGates’ offering is focused on the provision of E-commerce and Mobile Payment solutions to merchants in all sectors and supports a variety of geographics and payment schemes.
The company’s multinational team consists of almost 50 fintech professionals distributed among 5 countries (Spain, Ukraine, the UK, Portugal, and Brazil).
Head of Marketing
We are seeking a Head of Marketing to join our Barcelona team.
This is a new exciting role where you will lead and deliver the setting up, running and optimizing of a new marketing function taking ownership and steering the business into an ambitious new growth phase where you will own and evolve the core value proposition and brand using content, events and campaigns to deliver a steady flow of marketing qualified leads across digital and offline channels.
You will work closely with the Board and CSM teams.
This is a hands-on role reporting directly to CCO and CEO, so you will need to be a confident self-starter with a record of delivery and execution.
What You’ll Do:
- As the Head of Marketing, your role will be pivotal in leading and delivering the setup, management, and optimization of a new marketing function. You will take ownership and steer the business into an ambitious new growth phase by evolving the core value proposition and brand. Utilizing content, events, and campaigns, you will drive a steady flow of marketing-qualified leads across digital and offline channels.
Core Duties And Responsibilities:
- Lead and own all core value propositions, buyer personas, and go-to-market content/assets from concept creation to execution and beyond. The objective is to drive marketing qualified leads for customer acquisition and top-line growth.
- Extensively collaborate with multiple teams to ensure consistency of marketing strategies, concepts, and launch readiness in alignment with the brand and products.
- Manage localizations and optimizations of the local webpage and content in multiple languages, mainly English, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Execute, monitor, and report on the performance of campaigns and lifecycle journeys by creating dashboards and campaign funnels in HubSpot (marketing software), Analytics and/or Google Data Studio, with the goal of making recommendations for changes.
- Develop a testing strategy to continually optimize marketing investment.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our CRM meets the needs of our customers and drives business value.
- Plan, manage, and continuously optimize Marketing investment and the associated budget, including all associated supplier and campaign costs.
- Track marketing spend to marketing qualified leads where spend is directly associated with campaigns or channels, such as events, paid search, sponsorship, or other initiatives.
- Oversee all marketing-related supplier relationships, such as creative agencies, software, CRM, etc.
- Be a trusted consultant to internal customers such as Sales, CSM Teams, CCO, CEO, countries, and regions to advise on integrated marketing campaigns to ensure a strong brand presence across all touchpoints.
With these roles and responsibilities, you will be at the forefront of driving the marketing function and contributing to the company’s growth and success. Your focus on key objectives and measurable results will be crucial in achieving our ambitious goals.
- Reset the Value Proposition and align this internally and externally
- Build a high-performing demand generation capability
- Develop campaigns and channel tests and move into a continuous campaigning operating model, refining messaging and channel targeting to optimize marketing and sales pipelines.
- Increase the number of marketing qualified leads (MQLs).
- Improve the conversion rate from MQLs.
- Increase brand awareness and engagement metrics (e.g., website traffic, social media reach).
- Achieve increased customer acquisition rates through performance marketing channels.
- Optimize marketing spend efficiency to achieve a target Return on Investment (ROI)
You’ll need to have
To excel in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Experience planning and implementing B2B marketing strategies, including strategic marketing, content marketing, performance marketing, lead generation marketing and sales enablement.
- Strong B2B acquisition experience across multiple channels at scale, ideally in a SaaS tech environment.
- Energetic, commercial, and performance-driven team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong marketing and commercial execution abilities.
- A digitally driven mindset to prioritize pragmatic value-driving activities with a measurable impact.
- An analytical mindset to recognize gaps and opportunities easily.
- Experience living and working in a multicultural environment.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an international marketing function, with a strong focus on digital and performance marketing.
- At least 3 years of experience working with a CRM system(s).
- Advanced level of proficiency in Spanish and English.
- A creative mindset and the ability to appropriately challenge the status quo.
- Ability to overcome obstacles.
- Convenient location in central Barcelona;
- International multilingual team;
- Annual holiday allowance of 25 days;
- Free gym membership;
- CG Triathlon Club with a personal coach;
- Comprehensive private health insurance.
Who We Are
CommerceGate is the payment service provider, delivering a proprietary end-to-end infrastructure connecting merchants to multiple acquiring partners. CommerceGate delivers payments across multiple online sectors and business verticals.
Ready to meet us?
If you are enthusiastic about this role, apply. We are eager to meet you!
Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CommerceGate is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, colour, race, genealogy, nationality, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to our guidelines.